Simply Ming; Master Techniques: Tempura and Aioli
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Master Techniques: Tempura and Aioli
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Broadcast 2006-2007 GUEST CHEF: ANDREA IMMER ROBINSON PART OF MING'S CHARM IS HIS ABILITY TO RE-WORK A CLASSIC INTO SOMETHING THAT IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE WHILE REMAINING FAMILIAR. EAST MEETS WEST AS MING PREPARES THREE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF TWO POPULAR MASTER TECHNIQUES THAT COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER PERFECTLY: CRISPY, FRIED TEMPURA FROM JAPAN AND GARLICKY, SMOOTH AIOLI FROM FRANCE. THEN, MING GOES ON TO PREPARE DISHES THAT COMBINE THE TWO: COLOSSAL SHRIMP SPICED TEMPURA WITH LEMONGRASS AIOLI, TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA BASIL TEMPURA WITH 3-VINEGAR AIOLI, AND CHICKEN BREAST SPICED TEMPURA WITH SAMBAL AIOLI. SPECIAL GUEST AND MASTER SOMMELIER ANDREA IMMER ROBINSON JOINS MING IN THE STUDIO TO DISCUSS THE BEST WINE PAIRINGS FOR EACH DISH, AND PREPARES HER SEAFOOD TEMPURA WITH SESAME AIOLI.
Master Recipe: Lemongrass, Sambal and Three-Vinegar Aiolis Master Recipe: Chile, Spiced and Basil Tempura Batters Guest Recipe: Seafood Tempura with Sesame Aioli
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Master Techniques: Tempura and Aioli,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44D393C81F2844B3B25A75FFD7B83992.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Master Techniques: Tempura and Aioli.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44D393C81F2844B3B25A75FFD7B83992>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Master Techniques: Tempura and Aioli. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44D393C81F2844B3B25A75FFD7B83992