Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Just Desserts
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Just Desserts
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Dessert: The most anticipated course and the perfect ending to any meal. From Barcelona's legendary all dessert restaurant, Espai Sucre, to a visit with edgy New York pastry chef Sam Mason, this delicious episode features tasty stories about unusual desserts and the culinary wizards who create them. Join us as we take a look at some of the world's culinary masters of confection in action, and find out why desserts are more than just after dinner treats.
RECIPES Chocolate Chile Ice Cream City Skyline Cupcake Diane's Six-Spice Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Hungarian Chocolate Mousse Cake Bars Lemon Crème Brûlée Pink Cuts Pumpkin Seed Brittle Rice Pudding
Exclusive Hitting the Sweet Spot How do you "Asianize" a brownie? Pichet Ong, a self-described sugar junkie and one of New York's top pastry chefs, explains how to take fusion to the last bite of the meal.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine One Great Cookie by Celia Barbour Think Pink by Giovanna Remolif Zivny
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Just Desserts,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44B2C22748724265B76774236A7C99CE.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Just Desserts.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44B2C22748724265B76774236A7C99CE>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Just Desserts. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44B2C22748724265B76774236A7C99CE