Peep And The Big Wide World; Trip to Green Island, The; Give Me a Call
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Trip to Green Island, The; Give Me a Call
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 229 THE TRIP TO GREEN ISLAND THE BIRDS HAVE EXPLORED EVERY LAST PLACE ON EARTH (OR SO THEY THINK)—EXCEPT FOR GREEN ISLAND. WILL THEY EVER GET THERE?
INTERSTITIAL: ALL THE PEEP KIDS HAVE COME TO THE PARK FOR A GIANT EXPLORATION. TERMITE DAMAGE AND A SUNKEN SHIP ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT OUR TEAMS OF KID EXPLORERS OBSERVE. "WHEREVER YOU GO TRY TO OBSERVE AND EXPLORE THE WORLD ALL AROUND YOU."
GIVE ME A CALL QUACK TRIES TO TRACK DOWN AN INCREDIBLY ANNOYING SOUND.
INTERSTITIAL: WHAT'S THAT SOUND? THE KIDS ARE CHASING DOWN THE SOURCE OF A STRANGE SOUND. THEN THEY MAKE SOME SOUNDS OF THEIR OWN. "TRY MAKING SOUNDS WITH THINGS YOU FIND."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Trip to Green Island, The; Give Me a Call,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44966ADF38EF4DC7A54E8093A2D70E96.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Trip to Green Island, The; Give Me a Call.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44966ADF38EF4DC7A54E8093A2D70E96>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Trip to Green Island, The; Give Me a Call. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_44966ADF38EF4DC7A54E8093A2D70E96