Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gioconda Belli
La Plaza WGBH Master Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Gioconda Belli Program 2904 Length: 26:30 Closed Captioned 5/10/07
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Gioconda Belli
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One.
Gioconda Belli is a Nicaraguan author, poet, feminist and activist. She was an active participant in the Sandinista struggle against the Somoza dictatorship in the 1970s.
After Somoza's ouster, Belli held several positions in the new administration. Her first novel, The Inhabited Woman, was an international best-seller, and her collection of poems Linea de Fuego won the prestigious Casa de las Americas Prize in 1978.
NOTE: The 1XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 29XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 108
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gioconda Belli,” 05/10/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_441F473D53174286A2E3763B6AA9384C.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gioconda Belli.” 05/10/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_441F473D53174286A2E3763B6AA9384C>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Gioconda Belli. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_441F473D53174286A2E3763B6AA9384C