Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Secret About Secrets, The
Desert Island Dish, 126A The Secret About Secrets 133A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Desert Island Dish; Secret About Secrets, The
- Program Number
1003; 126A; 133A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual titles for additional assets.
Desert Island Dish, 126A WHEN MR. RATBURN CHALLENGES THE CLASS TO FIND THE PERFECT FOOD FOR SURVIVING ON A DESERT ISLAND, EVERYONE PICKS POTATO CHIPS OR ICE CREAM! BUT ARTHUR AND THE GANG SOON DISCOVER THAT THEY CANNOT SURVIVE -- OR PASS THEIR ASSIGNMENT -- ON JUNK FOOD ALONE. BY WORKING TOGETHER, THE KIDS LEARN ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF A BALANCED DIET TO OVERALL HEALTH.
The Secret About Secrets 133A EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE A SECRET...EVERYONE, THAT IS, EXCEPT D.W.! BUT WHEN D.W. IS FINALLY TOLD ONE, SHE QUICKLY LEARNS THAT GETTING A SECRET IS EASY, BUT KEEPING ONE -- AND AVOIDING HURT FEELINGS -- IS A LOT HARDER THAN SHE THOUGHT.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Secret About Secrets, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_43FDFAF9D96340D796411F719A0920A5.
- MLA: “Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Secret About Secrets, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_43FDFAF9D96340D796411F719A0920A5>.
- APA: Arthur; Desert Island Dish; Secret About Secrets, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_43FDFAF9D96340D796411F719A0920A5