Martha Speaks; Long Rotten Summer, The; Case of the Shattered Vase, The
MSPE 315 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Long Rotten Summer, The; Case of the Shattered Vase, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
The Long Rotten Summer Joe Fallon For TD, summer always goes by too quickly, so he decides to spend this summer in the only place where the days never end: school. But is sitting alone in an empty classroom the best place and way to spend summer? Vocabulary (E) moment(s), endless, infinite, eternal, interrupt (I) minute, hour, day, tomorrow, never, forever
The Case of the Shattered Vase Joe Fallon Helen shouldn’t have watched that scary movie right before she went to sleep. Now she’s sure there’s something under her bed! Martha helps her understand that things are not always what they seem. Vocabulary (E) instant, perception, transpire(d), occur(ed), review(ing) (I) crash, touch(ing), second, events, vase
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Long Rotten Summer, The; Case of the Shattered Vase, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4339EDA997454E1BB3D5CCD6EBEB6D4B.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Long Rotten Summer, The; Case of the Shattered Vase, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4339EDA997454E1BB3D5CCD6EBEB6D4B>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Long Rotten Summer, The; Case of the Shattered Vase, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4339EDA997454E1BB3D5CCD6EBEB6D4B