Arthur; Rhyme For Your Life; For Whom the Bell Tolls
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rhyme For Your Life; For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Program Number
608; 94A; 93B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Rhyme For Your Life
While struggling to write a poem for his mom, Binky falls asleep and gets trapped in Verseberg ... where it's a crime not to rhyme! After tangling with the big purple orange and meeting poet William Carlos Williams, Binky finally escapes this curse -- but will he be able to stop speaking in verse??
For Whom the Bell Tolls
D.W. lost her voice! For Arthur it's a dream come true ... until Mom asks Arthur to take care of D.W., and he finds himself at the mercy of a bad mime with a cowbell. Will Arthur spend the rest of his life at D.W.'s beck and call, endlessly fetching ginger ale and playing Crazy-eights?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Rhyme For Your Life; For Whom the Bell Tolls,” 10/19/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42F2124F4CA84FB6AFF1702D45DC6841.
- MLA: “Arthur; Rhyme For Your Life; For Whom the Bell Tolls.” 10/19/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42F2124F4CA84FB6AFF1702D45DC6841>.
- APA: Arthur; Rhyme For Your Life; For Whom the Bell Tolls. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42F2124F4CA84FB6AFF1702D45DC6841