American Experience; John Brown's Holy War; Interview with historian Dennis Frye 1 of 6
Part of John Brown's Holy War Interviews.
Frye talks about Harper's Ferry - federal armory, weapons for US Army, H Ferry - description of arsenal, weapons stored, H Ferry - represented the defense of the US , H Ferry - manufactured weapons to defend US, H Ferry/Plan - John Brown came for guns, easy access
- American Experience
- John Brown's Holy War
- Program Number
Interview with historian Dennis Frye 1 of 6
- Series Description
As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award.
- Program Description
Martyr, madman, murderer, hero: John Brown remains one of history's most controversial and misunderstood figures. In the 1850s, he and his ragtag guerrilla group embarked on a righteous crusade against slavery that was based on religious faith -- yet carried out with shocking violence. His execution at Harpers Ferry sparked a chain of events that led to the Civil War.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Robert Kenner (Producer)
- Frye, Dennis (Interviewee)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Rights Summary
Rights Holder: WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “American Experience; John Brown's Holy War; Interview with historian Dennis Frye 1 of 6,” 2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 8, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42C86B8FC876436C8433D411A2D2F913.
- MLA: “American Experience; John Brown's Holy War; Interview with historian Dennis Frye 1 of 6.” 2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 8, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42C86B8FC876436C8433D411A2D2F913>.
- APA: American Experience; John Brown's Holy War; Interview with historian Dennis Frye 1 of 6. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42C86B8FC876436C8433D411A2D2F913