Arthur; Its A No-Brainer; Shore Thing, The
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Its A No-Brainer; Shore Thing, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
It's a No-Brainer: When Brain loses his cool and loses to Buster in the Math-a-thon, he abandons his books and nickname for a career in... stand-up comedy?!? Is The Brain gone forever?
The Shore Thing: Arthur and D.W. beg Dad to take them to Aqualand -- the coolest water park ever! But he says that he knows an even better place... 'Ocean Zone.' The kids explore the old-fashioned ocean, and find all kinds of cool sea stuff by the sea shore.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Its A No-Brainer; Shore Thing, The,” 09/08/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42AE4217A85144F987B209350E4521E7.
- MLA: “Arthur; Its A No-Brainer; Shore Thing, The.” 09/08/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42AE4217A85144F987B209350E4521E7>.
- APA: Arthur; Its A No-Brainer; Shore Thing, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_42AE4217A85144F987B209350E4521E7