Arthur; Arthur’s Eyes; Francine’s Bad Hair Day
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Eyes; Francine’s Bad Hair Day
- Program Number
101; 1A; 2A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Eyes: For some reason, Arthur isn't doing very well in school anymore. Maybe he just needs some glasses? Problem is, Arthur hates having to wear them. But before he knows it, he's started a trend! Based on a book by the same title by Marc Brown.
Francine's Bad Hair Day: It's school picture day and Muffy is determined that Francine will look her best. Francine has been shamed into rising to the challenge--she's gotten her hair curled, she's even wearing a dress. (Which causes quite a bit of mirth, until Francine threatens to beat everyone up.) But no matter how hard she tries, Francine just can't keep her "new look" together.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Eyes; Francine’s Bad Hair Day,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_416401C0167443B2837AC27866B1B2A7.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Eyes; Francine’s Bad Hair Day.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_416401C0167443B2837AC27866B1B2A7>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Eyes; Francine’s Bad Hair Day. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_416401C0167443B2837AC27866B1B2A7