Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Creating Contexts for Learning
Show #1 Creating Context for Learning Protection Master --Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop
- Creating Contexts for Learning
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” Eight half-hour workshop video programs feature leading experts who discuss current research on learning to read and teaching a diverse range of students. The research is illustrated by clips from real classroom lessons, allowing teachers to better understand and apply the research in their own classes. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
This session examines how classroom organization, routines, and grouping practices can enhance literacy skills in the middle grades. Literacy expert Jeanne Paratore discusses teaching strategies that foster reading and writing skills. Classroom examples illustrate the research.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Creating Contexts for Learning,” 03/20/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_415A0CCC3FF549BE8AE893D5170DAF28.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Creating Contexts for Learning.” 03/20/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_415A0CCC3FF549BE8AE893D5170DAF28>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Creating Contexts for Learning. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_415A0CCC3FF549BE8AE893D5170DAF28