Martha Speaks; Martha and Skits; Martha Plays a Part
MSPE 102_HD Media Operations Center PBS 3368
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha and Skits; Martha Plays a Part
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha and Skits A new puppy joins Martha's household, bursting with puppy energy and the desire to chew everything. Unlike Martha, when Skits eats alphabet soup, nothing comes out except "Woof." Feeling like he's let the family down, Skits runs away. But soon Skits discovers that everybody is special in their own way. Based on the book of the same name.
Vocabulary (E) exceptional, stupendous, unique, specialize, extraordinary
(I) one of a kind, excellent, perfect, super
Martha Plays a Part Martha Plays a Part Helen is miserable after Martha volunteers her for a part in the school play. With practice-and a little help from Martha-Helen finds she can do anything she wants, if she puts her mind to it.
Vocabulary: (E) talent, expert, knack, gift, outstanding
(I) superb, terrific, fantastic, practice, perform, cue, play
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha and Skits; Martha Plays a Part,” 08/30/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_413705DBE2554F12A00C6852E398103B.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha and Skits; Martha Plays a Part.” 08/30/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_413705DBE2554F12A00C6852E398103B>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha and Skits; Martha Plays a Part. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_413705DBE2554F12A00C6852E398103B