Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Happy Families
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series VII: Happy Families
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Both parts were broadcast on the same evening, back to back. In Part One, Sir John Balcombe, head of one of England's largest privately owned companies, is found brutally murdered at his home. When Morse and Lewis begin their investigations, the first thing they notice is that the Balcombe family shows no sign of grief. Morse clashes with a new senior officer and becomes the victim of a hate campaign in the tabloid press. In Part Two, The press continues to hound Morse for details about the Balcombe case. A second body--stabbed in the chest with a chisel--is found at the bottom of a gully. Upon hearing the news about her son, Lady Balcombe has little or no reaction. Because of his bad relationship with the press, Morse is told not to attend a press conference.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Happy Families,” 09/29/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4073AC39FE8246F4962213E42C72DA68.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Happy Families.” 09/29/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4073AC39FE8246F4962213E42C72DA68>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Happy Families. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_4073AC39FE8246F4962213E42C72DA68