Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms and Italian Basil
Base Revision for Beta Dub
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Maitake Mushrooms and Italian Basil
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Daniel Bruce Japan and Italy provide Ming’s master pair. Maitake mushrooms and Italian basil are two pantry regulars that are fast becoming favorites. On today’s SIMPLY MING, Ming uses them to create a "Confit" Maitake Mushroom Salad with Tomato Carpaccio and Maitake Fettuccine with Basil-Macadamia Nut Pesto. Then, the pair hit Philadelphia with Ming’s “ Philly Cheese Steak" with Maitake Mushrooms and Yukon Gold Potato Fries. Finally, the great Daniel Bruce of Meritage will join Ming using today’s dynamic duo in his Pan Seared Salmon with Maitake, Italian Basil, Sweet Corn and Watercress Sautee.
Recipes Maitake Fettuccine with Basil-Macadamia Nut Pesto Daniel Bruce's Pan Seared Salmon with Maitake, Italian Basil, Sweet Corn and Watercress Sautee “ Philly Cheese Steak" with Maitake Mushrooms and Yukon Gold Potato Fries "Confit" Maitake Mushroom Salad with Tomato Carpaccio
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms and Italian Basil,” 09/15/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_406A6A7AFB264B7DB83C7329D084EED6.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms and Italian Basil.” 09/15/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_406A6A7AFB264B7DB83C7329D084EED6>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Maitake Mushrooms and Italian Basil. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_406A6A7AFB264B7DB83C7329D084EED6