Ten O'Clock News; Boston World Trade Center
U.S. Commerce Secretary Malcolm Baldridge opens the new Boston World Trade Center. Discussion of Massachusetts as an export state, and local industry's competition with imported goods. Michael Dukakis and Baldridge speak at the opening ceremony, and mention new trade legislation on the floor in Congress. Interview with Dukakis on his differing opinions on the legislation. Exteriors of the Trade Center and scenes of the Boston Harbor and waterfront. Following the edited story is b-roll of the ceremony, a helicopter taking off, the world trade center building from multiple angles, and photographs and aerials of the surrounding area.
- Ten O'Clock News
Boston World Trade Center
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Boston Harbor (Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Kelly, Hope (Reporter)
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Boston World Trade Center,” 06/28/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3FBB7881F58E45A58F06E67BFF65091B.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Boston World Trade Center.” 06/28/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3FBB7881F58E45A58F06E67BFF65091B>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Boston World Trade Center. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3FBB7881F58E45A58F06E67BFF65091B