Evening at Pops; Brush Up Your Shakespeare
revised master with titles
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Brush Up Your Shakespeare
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Artistic director Tina Packer of Shakespeare and Company joins forces with Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra for an evening of passion and romance exploring the music inspired by the Bard. Audiences will have the opportunity to see performances of scenes from Shakespeare's plays, followed by the music they inspired, including Verdis "Otello," Mendelssohn's "Midsummer Night's Dream" and Bernstein's "West Side Story."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Brush Up Your Shakespeare,” 06/07/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F3983A424AD451EAF19808CE12A52D3.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Brush Up Your Shakespeare.” 06/07/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F3983A424AD451EAF19808CE12A52D3>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Brush Up Your Shakespeare. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F3983A424AD451EAF19808CE12A52D3