Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bent Lamination Chair
Rough Cut 401 Bent Lamination Chair Caption Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Bent Lamination Chair
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
The Daytime Emmy®-nominated ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC gives recreational woodworkers the confidence to fulfill their furniture-making dreams. In season four, respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald and his old friends Al, Eli and Steve, share more bold and inspiring woodworking designs. He travels to historic landmarks in the Boston area and beyond for inspiration, and then returns to his workshop to create heirloom-quality pieces for the home and office. The wide variety of projects — ranging from a glass desk lamp and a bright red bent lamination chair to a bed made from baseball bats and a "Boston Strong" memory box — blend new-school methods with old-school techniques.
Bent Lamination Chair – International Contemporary Furniture Show This week on Rough Cut, we’re building an amazing bent lamination chair that’s perfect for any home. Host Tommy MacDonald shows viewers how to bend wood into a form using a jig that he made himself and our Rough Cut Road Trip takes us to the International Contemporary Furniture Show in New York.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw White Glue Clamps
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bent Lamination Chair,” 09/06/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 4, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F0A898B61DA4B79A0E8F8062C2D5758.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bent Lamination Chair.” 09/06/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 4, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F0A898B61DA4B79A0E8F8062C2D5758>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bent Lamination Chair. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3F0A898B61DA4B79A0E8F8062C2D5758