La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: David Hayes-Bautista
Online Version Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: David Hayes-Bautista
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
David Hayes-Bautista is one of the leading scholars in Latino public health and is the founding director of the Center for the Study of Latino Health & Culture (CESLAC) at the University of California at Los Angeles. In his conversation with critic Ilan Stavans, Dr. Hayes-Bautista talks about some alarming new trends in Latino health.
To date, Hayes-Bautista has had more than 80 works published in such medical journals as Family Medicine, the American Journal of Public Health, Family Practice, Academic Medicine, and La salud pública de México.
CESLAC houses Hayes-Bautista's research and provides a resource for training medical students, health care providers, and public health officials to manage the care of Latino patients effectively, efficiently, and economically.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: David Hayes-Bautista,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3EDF0AEE5B7F4171A9504268AE1A54C4.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: David Hayes-Bautista.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3EDF0AEE5B7F4171A9504268AE1A54C4>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: David Hayes-Bautista. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3EDF0AEE5B7F4171A9504268AE1A54C4