Martha Speaks; Martha's Thanksgiving, Parts One and Two
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha's Thanksgiving, Parts One and Two
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha’s Thanksgiving, Part One Ken Scarborough When Martha learns that Helen’s extended family will be coming for Thanksgiving, she decides to dig up her own family history by getting in touch with her long-lost canine siblings. Tails begin to wag as the family reunites, but where is Martha’s mother?
Vocabulary (E) reunion, prepare, organize, trace, quest
Martha’s Thanksgiving, Part Two Ken Scarborough Still in search of her mother, Martha delves back into her past to when she was separated from her mom as a puppy. Can she use the power of her memory to figure out where her mom is now and find her in time for her family reunion?
Vocabulary (E) assemble, connect, memory, recognize, arrange
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Thanksgiving, Parts One and Two,” 11/19/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3EA68DB1F5B34EA49D0B05258AE48B41.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha's Thanksgiving, Parts One and Two.” 11/19/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3EA68DB1F5B34EA49D0B05258AE48B41>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha's Thanksgiving, Parts One and Two. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3EA68DB1F5B34EA49D0B05258AE48B41