Arthur; Home Sweet Home; Do You Believe In Magic
D-Beta, green label broadcast master Mix Tracks.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Home Sweet Home; Do You Believe In Magic
- Program Number
1209; 156A; 156B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Home Sweet Home: Buster heads off to summer camp reluctantly, worried that he won't know anyone. But equipped with a few stories of summer camp battles and triumphs from his older and wiser friend Fritz (who runs the community garden), Buster realizes it's easy to make new friends after all. Educational Objective: Buster learns about facing your fears in doing new things and making new friends. He also teaches his friends about how to grow heirloom tomatoes and about community gardening.
Do You Believe In Magic: Arthur feels jealous when Buster's magic tricks outshine his own. When Buster is hired as the magician for DW's birthday party, Arthur is tempted to show the kids that Buster's tricks aren't so magical after all. Or, will Arthur step in and help his friend after all? Educational Objective: Arthur learns about how to handle jealousy and envy, and what it means to be a good friend in the midst of these emotions.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Home Sweet Home; Do You Believe In Magic,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E77BE4807E04ABFAC76153E30252397.
- MLA: “Arthur; Home Sweet Home; Do You Believe In Magic.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E77BE4807E04ABFAC76153E30252397>.
- APA: Arthur; Home Sweet Home; Do You Believe In Magic. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E77BE4807E04ABFAC76153E30252397