Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Plants a Seed; Root Problem, The
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Peep Plants a Seed; Root Problem, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 224 PEEP PLANTS A SEED PEEP DISCOVERS A PATCH OF SUNFLOWERS AND DECIDES TO GROW ONE FOR HIMSELF.
INTERSTITIAL: WHAT DO SEEDS NEED IN ORDER TO SPROUT? THE KIDS PLACE SEEDS AND BEANS ON 2 TRAYS WITH MOIST PAPER TOWELS AND SET THEM BY THE WINDOW. ONE IS COVERED SO IT GETS NO LIGHT. HOW DO THE SEEDS LOOK A WEEK LATER? "TRY GROWING THINGS FROM SEEDS, BEANS AND PEAS."
THE ROOT PROBLEM THERE’S A SNAKE IN QUACK’S POND! (FISH ARE ONE THING, BUT A SNAKE IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.)
INTERSTITIAL: A WORM. AN OLD PIECE OF SIDEWALK. A STRANGELY COLORED ROCK. WHERE DID THE KIDS FIND THESE THINGS? BY DIGGING HOLES YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND. "SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND WHEN YOU DIG SOME HOLES."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Plants a Seed; Root Problem, The,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E62A9B1C9FF44CF8B22454296226547.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Plants a Seed; Root Problem, The.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E62A9B1C9FF44CF8B22454296226547>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep Plants a Seed; Root Problem, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E62A9B1C9FF44CF8B22454296226547