Evening at Pops; New Boston Pops Conductor Keith Lockhart
National Edited Version repackaged 5/17/1996
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- New Boston Pops Conductor Keith Lockhart
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The 1995 season kicks off with gala concert featuring new Boston conductor Keith Lockhart to begin its 26th season. The concert will feature special guests soprano Sylvia McNair, actor and Broadway musical star Mandy Patinkin, trumpeter Doc Severinsen, and Boston Pops Laureate Conductor John Williams. (This program is the edited version of the BOSTON POPS OPENING NIGHT originally aired in Boston May 1995.)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; New Boston Pops Conductor Keith Lockhart,” 06/19/1995, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E4F67D884C8404DBA5E1BF32873962B.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; New Boston Pops Conductor Keith Lockhart.” 06/19/1995. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E4F67D884C8404DBA5E1BF32873962B>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; New Boston Pops Conductor Keith Lockhart. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E4F67D884C8404DBA5E1BF32873962B