Mystery!; Sargeant Cribb, Series II: The Detective Wore Silk Drawers
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Sargeant Cribb, Series II: The Detective Wore Silk Drawers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Dour, stolid, tenacious Detective Sargeant Cribb, of the newly formed Criminal Investigations Department, stalks the streets of London in the 1880's in pursuit of crime. His methods are neither glamorous nor flashy, his sense of humor is dry and his method is dogged. Yet somehow, he always gets his man -- or woman.
Episode titles: "The Horizontal Witness" - "The Detective Wore Silk Drawers" - "A Case of Spirits" - "Waxworks" - "Something Old, Something New"
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Sargeant Cribb, Series II: The Detective Wore Silk Drawers,” 05/17/1981, GBH Archives, accessed November 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E13769A042B419FB581215BD3DB494E.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Sargeant Cribb, Series II: The Detective Wore Silk Drawers.” 05/17/1981. GBH Archives. Web. November 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E13769A042B419FB581215BD3DB494E>.
- APA: Mystery!; Sargeant Cribb, Series II: The Detective Wore Silk Drawers. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3E13769A042B419FB581215BD3DB494E