Dance for Camera; George's House
Part of New Television Workshop.
Labeled “ WAGONER DANCE / FRAMES OF REFERENCE” George's House Complete
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Dance for Camera
- George's House
- Program Number
- Series Description
"Dance for Camera" was the earliest series created by the Dance Workshop, which was coordinated at the time by Nancy Mason. The series was broadcast in 1976. Carmen De Lavallade, a former dancer with Lester Horton, John Butler and others, recorded introductions for the shows. Some of the works were rebroadcast as part of the "Frames of Reference" series. Series release date: 1974
- Program Description
Dan Wagoner's choreography is performed by himself and seven female dancers in and around a small New Hampshire farmhouse. The work is meant to recall Wagoner's Appalachian roots. The women perform mostly sprightly movements, hanging from the windows of the house and running across the lawn and splashing at a nearby waterfall. One scene that takes place with several of the women in the bedroom shifting positions, is more somber and poignant. Wagoner performs a solo at a well.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Modern dance
- Appalachian region
- Performance in a Studio
- Performing Arts
- Wagoner, Dan ()
- Susan Dowling (Producer)
- Mason, Nancy ()
- Atwood, David ()
- Woodies, Leslie (Subject)
- Hess, Sally (Subject)
- Frey, Regan (Subject)
- Pettit, Faith (Subject)
- Asnes, Ann (Subject)
- Hendrickson, Sue (Subject)
- Moss, Judith (Subject)
- Chicago: “Dance for Camera; George's House,” 12/05/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D8D223ABDE642EA8DA572561E1F98E0.
- MLA: “Dance for Camera; George's House.” 12/05/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D8D223ABDE642EA8DA572561E1F98E0>.
- APA: Dance for Camera; George's House. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D8D223ABDE642EA8DA572561E1F98E0