Ten O'Clock News; Parcel 18 for MWRA headquarters?
Marcus Jones reports that the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) is considering a parcel of land in Roxbury for the new headquarters of the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA). The development of Parcel 18 near the Ruggles MBTA station is seen as a cornerstone to the area's economic revitalization. Interview with Anthony Williams, Assistant Director of the BRA about the proposed development. Williams shows Jones maps of the area and plans for the development. Williams talks about the benefits of constructing the MWRA headquarters in Roxbury. Jones reports that the land was cleared in the 1960s and has lain vacant ever since. Interview with State Rep. Byron Rushing about the proposed project. Rushing says that the community must benefit from any development of the land. Following the edited story is additional footage of the area around Parcel 18 and footage from Jones' interviews with Williams and Rushing.
- Ten O'Clock News
Parcel 18 for MWRA headquarters?
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Rushing, Byron
- Urban renewal
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- City planning
- Roxbury (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Rushing, Byron (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Parcel 18 for MWRA headquarters?,” 03/23/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D7FF5B8BC1342E48B1438AA3BD196EB.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Parcel 18 for MWRA headquarters?.” 03/23/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D7FF5B8BC1342E48B1438AA3BD196EB>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Parcel 18 for MWRA headquarters?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D7FF5B8BC1342E48B1438AA3BD196EB