Antiques Roadshow; Finders Keepers
Antiques Roadshow 1720 Finders Keepers, First Airdate: 12/23/2013 EE Master - Texted, Mixed
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Antiques Roadshow
- Finders Keepers
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
Tucked behind a fireplace, buried in a cotton field, mistaken for insulation in the ceiling of a basement … some treasures show up where you least expect to find them. In this new special, ROADSHOW shines a spotlight on items whose discovery was a happy accident. Examples include a formerly buried Weller Coppertone vase that the guest almost tripped over, valued at $2,500 to $3,000, and a collection of Cole Porter and Monty Woolley letters, appraised for $50,000 to $70,000, that were saved from the dumpster in true trash-to-treasure fashion.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Finders Keepers,” 12/23/2013, GBH Archives, accessed December 1, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D02A824D57A4DBDBC52EB2BAAEB8D29.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Finders Keepers.” 12/23/2013. GBH Archives. Web. December 1, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D02A824D57A4DBDBC52EB2BAAEB8D29>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Finders Keepers. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3D02A824D57A4DBDBC52EB2BAAEB8D29