Say Brother; Lest We Forget: Martin Luther King, A Retrospective
Part of Say Brother.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Say Brother
- Lest We Forget: Martin Luther King, A Retrospective
- Program Number
- Series Description
Say Brother is WGBH's longest running public affairs television program by, for and about African Americans, and is now known as Basic Black. Since its inception in 1968, Say Brother has featured the voices of both locally and nationally known African American artists, athletes, performers, politicians, professionals, and writers including: Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Thomas Atkins, Amiri Baraka, Doris Bunte, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Louis Farrakhan, Nikki Giovanni, Odetta Gordon, Henry Hampton, Benjamin Hooks, Jesse Jackson, Hubie Jones, Mel King, Eartha Kitt, Elma Lewis, Haki Madhubuti, Wallace D. Muhammad, Charles Ogletree, Babatunde Olatunji, Byron Rushing, Owusu Sadaukai, and Sonia Sanchez. Series release date: 7/15/1968
- Program Description
Program honors the memory of Civil Rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. via excerpts from both the 1970 film "King: A Filmed Record, Montgomery to Memphis" (produced by Ely Landau and presented by the Martin Luther King Foundation in 1974) and a previously aired ecumenical service held in memory of King by the Black Ministerial Alliance of Boston. For the complete film "King: A Filmed Record, Montgomery to Memphis," see Say Brother program 312; for the complete ecumenical service, see Say Brother program 313.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- King: A Filmed Record, Montgomery to Memphis (Motion picture)
- African Americans--Civil rights
- Black Ministerial Alliance (Boston, Mass.)
- Civil rights movement
- Civil rights
- Television broadcasting of films
- African Americans in motion pictures
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968--Assassination
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
- McClain, William B.
- Race and Ethnicity
- White, Conrad (Director)
- Barrow-Murray, Barbara (Associate Producer)
- Marita Rivero (Producer)
- Cross, June (Community Coordinator)
- Lawson, Rick (Community Coordinator)
- Jones, Vickie (Production Assistant)
- Farrier, Stephen (Community Coordinator)
- Chicago: “Say Brother; Lest We Forget: Martin Luther King, A Retrospective,” 03/31/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3CEB56A52F7E481FA1D911272A8EDA14.
- MLA: “Say Brother; Lest We Forget: Martin Luther King, A Retrospective.” 03/31/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3CEB56A52F7E481FA1D911272A8EDA14>.
- APA: Say Brother; Lest We Forget: Martin Luther King, A Retrospective. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3CEB56A52F7E481FA1D911272A8EDA14