Arthur; Kiss And Tell; Big Horns George
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Kiss And Tell; Big Horns George
- Program Number
809; 810; 115A; 115B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
809: Kiss and Tell: Emily returns from her summer in Paris with the amazing news that she's been kissed .... by a boy! Just like in a fairy tale! Now D.W. wants a kiss so that she can be a princess, too. But where can she find her Prince Charming?
810: Big Horns George: Koko Taylor and Taj Mahal guest-star in this episode celebrating "The Year of The Blues." George is inspired to write and perform his own blues song when he's introduced to the music of Koko Taylor. But stage fright and self-doubt overwhelm him ... until Koko and Taj encourage George to keep singing those blues!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Kiss And Tell; Big Horns George,” 10/22/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3CAD398DCD404AD38565615435934F21.
- MLA: “Arthur; Kiss And Tell; Big Horns George.” 10/22/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3CAD398DCD404AD38565615435934F21>.
- APA: Arthur; Kiss And Tell; Big Horns George. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3CAD398DCD404AD38565615435934F21