Arthur; D.W. Rides Again; Arthur Makes the Team
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. Rides Again; Arthur Makes the Team
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W. Rides Again: In the heart of four-year-old lurks one big, gnawing desire... TO GET RID OF THOSE TRAINING WHEELS! With Arthur's help, D.W. embarks on a crash course to learn the rules of the road (like how to use your brakes). Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Arthur Makes the Team: Arthur's playing baseball on a team with Binky, Buster, Francine and The Brain. Can Coach Frensky work with a team where everyone is fighting about who gets to be pitcher and no one wants to practice? The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Rides Again; Arthur Makes the Team,” 10/05/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C9A3C31D22445D9AA69D564011F24D1.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Rides Again; Arthur Makes the Team.” 10/05/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C9A3C31D22445D9AA69D564011F24D1>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Rides Again; Arthur Makes the Team. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C9A3C31D22445D9AA69D564011F24D1