Arthur; Crushed, Arthur Loses His Marbles
Tracks 1-2 Full Stereo Mix, Tracks 3-4 Music and Effects Stereo Mix
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Crushed, Arthur Loses His Marbles
- Program Number
609; 610; 95
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
609: Crushed 95A Arthur can't believe his parents are hiring a babysitter -- he's 8 years old! Besides, babysitters are b-o-r-i-n-g! But 16-year old Sally MacGill's favorite hobbies are eating ice cream and playing the Dark Bunny VI: Curse of the Moomy videogame, and now all Arthur can think is ... wow.
610: Arthur Loses His Marbles 95B When Arthur discovers that Grandma Thora is a marbles champion, he trains with her so he can beat all his friends. And though Thora teaches Arthur everything he knows, she doesn't teach him everything she knows ... and it's Read versus Read in the first-ever Elwood City Marbles Tournament.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Crushed, Arthur Loses His Marbles,” 10/24/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C5C59B53B1F439E81E14D55C4974F53.
- MLA: “Arthur; Crushed, Arthur Loses His Marbles.” 10/24/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C5C59B53B1F439E81E14D55C4974F53>.
- APA: Arthur; Crushed, Arthur Loses His Marbles. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C5C59B53B1F439E81E14D55C4974F53