La Plaza; My Romance with Mili Bermejo
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- My Romance with Mili Bermejo
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Jazz artists Mili Bermejo and Fred Hersch perform a repertoire of blues standards.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; My Romance with Mili Bermejo,” 10/17/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 3, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C321EE3EA3C4799B7E104A451316DB5.
- MLA: “La Plaza; My Romance with Mili Bermejo.” 10/17/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 3, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C321EE3EA3C4799B7E104A451316DB5>.
- APA: La Plaza; My Romance with Mili Bermejo. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3C321EE3EA3C4799B7E104A451316DB5