Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Who Killed Harry Field?
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series VII: Who Killed Harry Field?
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast March 24 and 31, 1994
In Part One, Harry Field, an artist, raconteur, and drinker who was not averse to producing the odd forged painting or impressive coat of arms for gullible Americans, is found dead and Inspector Morse is drawn into an unfamiliar, Bohemian world. To make matters worse, Lewis wants to move up the ladder and plans to take the police inspector's exam. In Part Two, Morse suspects that Paul Eirl, a wealthy European who lives near the site of Harry Field's murder, is somehow connected to the crime. Morse discusses Lewis's promotion with Superintendent Strange. After a long search, Lewis finds the girl who posed for some of Harry Field's paintings. Jane Marriot tells Morse she met Harry Field through Tony Doyle, who claims not to know her.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Who Killed Harry Field?,” 12/11/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3BF262D20C6C490AB7660E3ECFA47C15.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Who Killed Harry Field?.” 12/11/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3BF262D20C6C490AB7660E3ECFA47C15>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VII: Who Killed Harry Field?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3BF262D20C6C490AB7660E3ECFA47C15