Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Oven-roasting Vegetables
Simply Ming Jonathan Waxman & Oven-Roasting Vegetables
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Oven-roasting Vegetables
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
905: JONATHAN WAXMAN & OVEN-ROASTING VEGETABLES
On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming demonstrates how one of the best ways to cook vegetables is to roast them because it concentrates their flavor. And for guest chef Jonathan Waxman, one of the godfathers of New American Cuisine, exalting great ingredients is what it’s all about. Together, Ming and Jonathan, draw inspiration from mystery ingredients and the fantastic technique of oven roasting to create two delicious recipes: Spicy Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast with Baby Cauliflower and Potatoes and Macadamia Duck with Roasted Vegetables Waxman Style.
Recipes Jonathan Waxman's Macadamia Duck with Roasted Vegetables Spicy Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast with Baby Cauliflower and Potatoes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Oven-roasting Vegetables,” 09/16/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3B511F5F9D3249A0BDDE5A21AC79F94C.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Oven-roasting Vegetables.” 09/16/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3B511F5F9D3249A0BDDE5A21AC79F94C>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Oven-roasting Vegetables. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3B511F5F9D3249A0BDDE5A21AC79F94C