Evening Compass, The; Lyons Commentary 6/13/1975
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening Compass, The
- Lyons Commentary 6/13/1975
- Series Description
Premiered January 1974
The Evening Compass was a half-hour program airing Monday - Friday at 7 pm, repeated at 10:30. With co-anchormen Ed Baumeister and Louis Lyons, its purpose was to interpret news already reported elsewhere and to recognize, report and interpret news not reported elsewhere. Compass Specials were occasional broadcasts at other times that usually covered actual events as opportunities and resources permitted. Evening Compass incorporated the staff of Louis Lyons/News and Comment and The Reporters.
See Prime Time January and February 1974 for cover stories. Series release date: 1/2/1974
- Program Description
Closing portion of 6/13/1975 Evening Compass program. Partial segment of Louis Lyons interviewing unidentified guest regarding President Gerald Ford meeting with Egyptian President Anwar Sadat the prior night. Interview is followed by Lyons commentary regarding Harvard Commencement and awarding of honorary degrees. Tape ends with closing credits for Evening Compass. 1975.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Stuart, Charles (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening Compass, The; Lyons Commentary 6/13/1975,” 06/13/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 12, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3AC62D41EE2148C68FAF4FA2C8F51A3F.
- MLA: “Evening Compass, The; Lyons Commentary 6/13/1975.” 06/13/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 12, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3AC62D41EE2148C68FAF4FA2C8F51A3F>.
- APA: Evening Compass, The; Lyons Commentary 6/13/1975. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3AC62D41EE2148C68FAF4FA2C8F51A3F