Arthur; Sleep No More; Pet Peeved
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Sleep No More; Pet Peeved
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Sleep No More: Have you ever been so excited that you couldn't sleep? Buster is convinced that Pizza Paula's all-you-can-eat contest... free pizza for life!... is his destiny. But how can he possibly win such an important contest without any sleep?
Pet Peeved: Binky volunteers to look after Francine's cat, Nemo, for the weekend. Boy, this'll be great... all fun and games and surprise toys! But when Binky ignores Francine's cat-sitting instructions, Nemo has a few surprises in store of his own.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Sleep No More; Pet Peeved,” 10/23/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A9D6DEA3FC54FB1A1996BCA5BA27E00.
- MLA: “Arthur; Sleep No More; Pet Peeved.” 10/23/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A9D6DEA3FC54FB1A1996BCA5BA27E00>.
- APA: Arthur; Sleep No More; Pet Peeved. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A9D6DEA3FC54FB1A1996BCA5BA27E00