Jean Shepherd's America; Like All Great Inner Tube Specialists
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jean Shepherd's America
- Like All Great Inner Tube Specialists
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
What happens when you let a guy like Jean Shepherd loose in a place like Hawaii? He has a luau, watches the surfers and talks about his father, the All Time Inner-Tube Specialist of America.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; Like All Great Inner Tube Specialists,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A8C88C7AC7940ACA193AF281F006CD8.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; Like All Great Inner Tube Specialists.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A8C88C7AC7940ACA193AF281F006CD8>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; Like All Great Inner Tube Specialists. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A8C88C7AC7940ACA193AF281F006CD8