Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Wall Cabinet
Caption Master Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Wall Cabinet
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
0103 – Wall Cabinet/Old North Church Episode 03 – Wall Cabinet
Boston’s Old North Church may be most famous for its steeple lanterns, which once signaled the start of the American Revolution, but another standout characteristic of the building is its dentil molding. Host Tommy MacDonald travels to the historic site to gain inspiration for his newest Rough Cut project, a Wall Cabinet. Then he heads to Beverly, Massachusetts, to speak with fine furniture maker Phil Lowe about adding architectural detail to woodworking projects. After his trip Tommy returns to the workshop to build his Wall Cabinet, which features detailed dentil, cove and quarter round moldings.
Resources: Shoulder Plane Planes Clamps
Field Trip: Old North Church, Boston, MA The Furniture Institute of Massachusetts, Beverly, MA
Questions and Answers: Sanding a Molded Edge
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Wall Cabinet,” 10/05/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A7B79ED1F27428CB9AAB8C01CC34ABB.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Wall Cabinet.” 10/05/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A7B79ED1F27428CB9AAB8C01CC34ABB>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Wall Cabinet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A7B79ED1F27428CB9AAB8C01CC34ABB