FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An
THIS PROGRAM ORIGINALLY AIRED AS HEALTH QUARTERLY SHOW 204
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The
- Appointment with Death, An
- Program Number
- Program Description
This special focuses on the controversial issues of Euthanasia and doctor- assisted suicide. Although both practices take place in the United States, most doctors and patients are unwilling to discuss their personal experiences because the practices are illegal. This documentary includes a 70-minute documentary including the candid conversations of doctors, patients and their families as they make life-and-death decisions in Holland, the only nation where Euthanasia is openly practiced and condoned. NOTE: MAR93 airing entitled "Choosing Death: A Health Quarterly/Frontline Special" includes a panel of experts who join Roger Mudd and a studio audience to discuss the implications of Holland's experience for the debate in the United States. JAN94 airing entitled "An Appointment With Death" does not include the studio segment, instead includes an updated epilogue.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An,” 01/25/1994, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A78A62FA1EB4BC68A2EBCB1A913C56D.
- MLA: “FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An.” 01/25/1994. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A78A62FA1EB4BC68A2EBCB1A913C56D>.
- APA: FRONTLINE / Health Quarterly, The; Appointment with Death, An. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A78A62FA1EB4BC68A2EBCB1A913C56D