Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; David Carrasco
La Plaza WGBH Master Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One David Carrasco Program 2912 Length: 26:30 Closed Captioned 5/10/07
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- David Carrasco
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One.
David Carrasco, a historian of religions and an expert on the Mexican-American borderlands, is the Neil L. Rudenstine Professor of the Study of Latin America at Harvard University. A recipient of the Mexican Order of the Aztec Eagle, Carrasco is the author of City of Sacrifice: The Aztec Empire and the Role of Violence in Civilization and editor-in-chief of the Oxford Encyclopedia of Mesoamerican Cultures. He is currently working with a team of scholars to decipher the Mapa de Cuauhtinchan, a 16th-century map produced by the Chichimec people of Mexico.
NOTE: The 1XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 29XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; David Carrasco,” 05/10/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A5BACB07E8B46CE888A1383E2068124.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; David Carrasco.” 05/10/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A5BACB07E8B46CE888A1383E2068124>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; David Carrasco. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A5BACB07E8B46CE888A1383E2068124