Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Infusing Flavor Into Pasta
Simply Ming The Pallotta Sisters & Infusing Flavor into Pasta
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Infusing Flavor Into Pasta
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
917: THE PALLOTTA SISTERS & INFUSING FLAVOR INTO PASTA
Chefs from Asia to Italy agree the best way to infuse noodles with flavor is to sauté them. It’s a critical step many home cooks skip. On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming and his guests, The Pallotta Sisters, focus on that technique. The Pallotta sisters, who serve up countless platters of delicious pasta in Boston’s North End, work with Ming to create Stir Fry of Wonton Noodles with Scallops and Bacon with an Arugula, Radicchio Pine Nut Salad and Cioppino.
Recipes: Stir Fry Wonton Noodles with Scallops and Bacon & Arugula, Radicchio Pine Nut Salad Pallotta Sisters' Cioppino
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Infusing Flavor Into Pasta,” 12/07/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A5B93E6965448338B67C05392CC7A91.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Infusing Flavor Into Pasta.” 12/07/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A5B93E6965448338B67C05392CC7A91>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Infusing Flavor Into Pasta. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A5B93E6965448338B67C05392CC7A91