Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Chef Nicolas Hipperson in Vancouver
Simply Ming On the Road in Canada: Chef Nicolas Hipperson in Vancouver SMMG1114 Output Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in Canada: Chef Nicolas Hipperson in Vancouver
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Nicolas Hipperson
In this episode of Simply Ming, Chef goes on the road to Canada to visit one of the best public markets on the continent, Granville Market. There, along with local Chef Nick Hipperson, our two chefs explore Canada’s fresh produce and wonderful salmon. Back in the kitchen, they cook up a feast using ingredients that are found within 100 miles. Nick chooses a Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Potato Fondant and Carrot Puree. Ming also chooses beef and prepares a Tea-Smoked Rib Eye with Chanterelle-Asparagus Fricasee.
Recipes Tea Smoked Ribeye with Asparagus-Mushroom Fricasee
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Chef Nicolas Hipperson in Vancouver,” 10/25/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A00344EE76B46239F08FEF4EACB3283.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Chef Nicolas Hipperson in Vancouver.” 10/25/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A00344EE76B46239F08FEF4EACB3283>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in Canada: Chef Nicolas Hipperson in Vancouver. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3A00344EE76B46239F08FEF4EACB3283