Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff’s Case of Blues on the Brain
Edited Master- Uncaptioned Frame Rate: 30I Scan Lines: 24P
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Ruff’s Case of Blues on the Brain
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 When Ruff tries to fix a leaky faucet, it ends in disaster--flooding the doghouse and ruining the artwork on his walls. Now he's got the blues, but the FETCHers wouldn't understand because they're humans, and humans only use 10% of their brains. The kids disagree with this urban myth, so Ruff sends Bridget and Mike to a neurologist to prove (or disprove) it. He then sends Madi and Willie to meet some blues musicians to play the blues... or are they actually Blue Man Group?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff’s Case of Blues on the Brain,” 04/14/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3981BD2C124B42138AFECBC535E544FE.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff’s Case of Blues on the Brain.” 04/14/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3981BD2C124B42138AFECBC535E544FE>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Ruff’s Case of Blues on the Brain. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3981BD2C124B42138AFECBC535E544FE