Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Italy: Home Cooking
Italy: Home Cooking
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Italy: Home Cooking
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Italy has always been considered one of the world's top food destinations, famous for the incredibly vibrant, inviting cuisine that is enormously significant within the country's culture. This reputation, upheld by generation after generation, is fueling a popular new trend where visitors can experience the hospitality and tastes of Italy first hand by dining with locals in private residences. From the urban, fast-paced sprawl of Rome to the sleepy, picturesque villages of the countryside, see how hungry travelers are treated to the authentic, delicious, and fulfilling tastes of traditional Italian homes.
RECIPES Fricos Fried Artichokes Fried Zucchini Blossoms Parmigiano-Reggiano with Fresh Fennel Pizza Sfogliatella
Exclusive Batali Pack Up Batali's Best Bets
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Finding Basilicata by Evan Kleiman Mario's Excellent Adventure by Bob Sloan Pull Up a Chair by Mimi Murphy
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Italy: Home Cooking,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3965B98F031D40169C9A3E1B49B1DCA0.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Italy: Home Cooking.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3965B98F031D40169C9A3E1B49B1DCA0>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Italy: Home Cooking. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3965B98F031D40169C9A3E1B49B1DCA0