Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering
Rough Cut Ep 307 Carved Frame
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Carved Frame Everyone has a family heirloom or photograph that needs a special display and on today’s episode of Rough Cut, Tommy builds a beautiful Mahogany Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering. For inspiration, he heads down to Newport’s historic seaport to visit one of the world’s most famous sailing vessels The Coronet. And back at the shop, his good friend and master woodcarver, Sten Havumaki, will join him to offer up some letter carving tips.
Resources: Jointer Table Saw Miter Fence Handplane Carving Chisels
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering,” 09/24/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 26, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38DEA7022EAF4CAEA0E34D4611B219D3.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering.” 09/24/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 26, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38DEA7022EAF4CAEA0E34D4611B219D3>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Frame with Hand-Carved Lettering. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38DEA7022EAF4CAEA0E34D4611B219D3