Peep And The Big Wide World; Mystery of the Thing That Went and Came Back, The; Peep's Color Quest
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Mystery of the Thing That Went and Came Back, The; Peep's Color Quest
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 29 (27B/28B) THE MYSTERY OF THE THING THAT WENT AND CAME BACK PEEP SETS SAIL (ACCIDENTALLY) IN THE GOOD SHIP EASTER EGG.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS HAVE MADE LITTLE ISLANDS IN THEIR POOL AND COVERED THEM WITH SOME TOYS. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY FILL THE POOL? THE WATER LEVEL RISES AND THE FUN BEGINS. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY LET THE WATER OUT OF THE POOL?
PEEP'S COLOR QUEST QUACK HAS AN EXCITING NEW TOY: A PAIR OF ORANGE SUNGLASSES, ON LOAN FROM THE FISH MUSEUM.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE THIRSTY. HOW ABOUT SOME APPLE JUICE, CRANBERRY JUICE AND ORANGE JUICE? THE KIDS NOTICE THAT LIGHT PASSES THROUGH THE APPLE AND CRANBERRY JUICE, BUT NOT THE ORANGE JUICE AND THE LIGHT MAKES “COLORED LIGHT SHADOWS”!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Mystery of the Thing That Went and Came Back, The; Peep's Color Quest,” 10/19/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38D8E8968F62407FA69C12C184EB8992.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Mystery of the Thing That Went and Came Back, The; Peep's Color Quest.” 10/19/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38D8E8968F62407FA69C12C184EB8992>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Mystery of the Thing That Went and Came Back, The; Peep's Color Quest. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_38D8E8968F62407FA69C12C184EB8992