Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Aromas: Fragrance and Taste
Aromas: Frangrance and Tastes 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Aromas: Fragrance and Taste
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 38 Come with us as we fan out across the world to meet with chefs and scientists who are exploring the importance of aromas, proving that the fragrance of a dish does not come only from the ingredients it contains. At the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, we talk with a “taste scientist” who demonstrates the crucial role that aromas play in our enjoyment of food. In the French countryside, we meet a chef who enlivens the dining experience with a wide range of aromas from the plants in the garden just outside his door. And in the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll show you how to keep your kitchen smelling delicious, even when you cook fish.
RECIPES Jasmine Syrup Peach-Jasmine Sorbet Roast Halibut with Onion-Bacon Compote
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Aromas: Fragrance and Taste,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_386897B7973A4E2A88681AFA29836A03.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Aromas: Fragrance and Taste.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_386897B7973A4E2A88681AFA29836A03>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Aromas: Fragrance and Taste. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_386897B7973A4E2A88681AFA29836A03