Arthur; Lousy Week, The; You Are Arthur
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Lousy Week, The; You Are Arthur
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
The Lousy Week: An army of lice has descended on the heads of Lakewood Elementary. Who or what is strong enough to defeat them? Principal Haney? Nurse Flynn? Mayonnaise??
You Are Arthur: What if you could live in the Read house? What if you could run a race in Elwood City? What if you could BE Arthur for a day? View Arthur's life through his very own eyes for this special episode.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Lousy Week, The; You Are Arthur,” 10/10/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37F483E746354833B97693007F49D9C4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Lousy Week, The; You Are Arthur.” 10/10/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37F483E746354833B97693007F49D9C4>.
- APA: Arthur; Lousy Week, The; You Are Arthur. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37F483E746354833B97693007F49D9C4