Arthur; My Club Rules; Stolen Bike
Arthur 129, stereo 1&2, DVS 3, silence 4
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- My Club Rules; Stolen Bike
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
My Club Rules: The gang can't agree on rules for their club, and each starts his own.
Stolen Bike: Francine's embarrassed by her crummy old bike. Why can't she have a shiny new one like all her friends? When the teasing gets too much, Francine does the only thing she can--she lets her bike get "stolen." The basis of an Arthur chapter book.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; My Club Rules; Stolen Bike,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37ECC3B450DE4907A6C6D593F74014BA.
- MLA: “Arthur; My Club Rules; Stolen Bike.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37ECC3B450DE4907A6C6D593F74014BA>.
- APA: Arthur; My Club Rules; Stolen Bike. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37ECC3B450DE4907A6C6D593F74014BA