Simply Ming; Chile Oil/ Sweet Potatoes
Chile Oil and Sweet Potatoes with Michael Schwartz Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Chile Oil/ Sweet Potatoes
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Michael Schwartz ( Miami )
Sweet potatoes and chile oil make for a sweet and spicy East-West duo in this week’s SIMPLY MING recipes. Chef Ming Tsai makes an all-in-one Chile Chicken with Sweet Potato Tamale. Then, Ming’s off to Miami to cook with one of Florida ’s favorite chefs, Michael Schwartz, who uses the East-West combination to make Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Celery Salad, Toasted Walnuts and Chile Oil Vinaigrette. Back in the studio kitchen, Ming makes Sweet Potato Fries with Chile Aioli, his all-in-one version of fries that will make you forget about traditional French fries! Later, Ming shares a recipe that is perfect for a brunch buffet, a Spicy Sweet Potato and Sausage Frittata prepared in one skillet.
Sweet Potato Fries with Chile Aioli
Chile Chicken and Sweet Potato ‘Tamale’
Spicy Sweet Potato and Sausage Frittata
Michael Schwartz's Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Celery Salad, Toasted Walnuts and Chili Oil Vinaigrette
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Chile Oil/ Sweet Potatoes,” 06/05/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37D1FDCD32F64FF4B71D6568C1EB99B7.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Chile Oil/ Sweet Potatoes.” 06/05/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37D1FDCD32F64FF4B71D6568C1EB99B7>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Chile Oil/ Sweet Potatoes. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37D1FDCD32F64FF4B71D6568C1EB99B7