Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Roasting Whole Birds
Simply Ming Iris Tsai & Roasting Whole Birds
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Roasting Whole Birds
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
906: IRIS TSAI & ROASTING WHOLE BIRDS GUEST: CHRIS HOWELL, WINE MAKER LOCATION: CAIN VINEYARD, St. Helena, NAPA VALLEY, CA
SIMPLY MING drops into the heart of Napa Valley, where some of the best grapes are grown, producing some of the best wines around. Ming is joined in the kitchen by his mom, Iris Tsai. Together they cook on they fly, showing how to master cooking whole birds on the grill. And where better to pair wines with their dishes than in Napa? Veteran wine-maker Chris Howell, joins Ming and his Mom at Cain Vineyard where he shows them how he blends boutique red wines that match perfectly with the dishes they’ve grilled up: Tea-Smoked Whole Duck and Tea-Smoked Marinated Chicken.
Recipes Iris Tsai's Tea-Smoked Whole Duck with Grilled Vegetables Ming's Tea-Smoked Marinated Chicken with Vegetables
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Roasting Whole Birds,” 09/28/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37C18F5FF230426594DD73E47538F982.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Roasting Whole Birds.” 09/28/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37C18F5FF230426594DD73E47538F982>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Roasting Whole Birds. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37C18F5FF230426594DD73E47538F982